Revised: august 09, 2011
1. Types of Data We Collect
We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data from you when you visit our Site, use our Service, send us information or communications, and/or when you submit content to our Service. “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not permit the identification of individual persons.1.1 Data You Provide to Us
- We receive and store any information you enter on our Service or otherwise provide to us. We collect Personal Data from you, such as your username, password, first and last name, date of birth, mailing address, e-mail address, phone number, and imported Third Party Account information, when you create an Account.
- We collect any Personal Data contained in information or content that you submit to the Service, such as journal entries.
- We collect information that you submit to the Service regarding your diet, exercise routines, sleep habits, weight, mood, activity level, fitness level, and other custom entries you elect to track.
If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we may collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail or that you submit to us, in order to send you a reply.1.2 Data Collected Through Technology
Our servers (which may be hosted by a secure third party service provider) collect information from you when you visit or use the Site or Service, such as browser type and version, operating system, platform, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and a date/time stamp for your visit.
We use analytics technology to collect information about your use of our mobile and applications and the Site, such as the time and date of your use, the duration of your use of various screens, and the features that you accessed. We use this data to assess features most preferred or most difficult to use, to improve the usability experience for users.
We may use clear gifs (otherwise known as web bugs or web beacons) to gather information about your visit to the Site and Service, such as what you click on and pages and information you viewed. Additionally, be aware that advertisers and partners may also use their own clear gifs and we do not control use of these by advertisers and partners and expressly disclaim responsibility for information collected through them. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are placed on a user’s hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on web pages.
2. Public Areas; Sharing.
We may display your name and public profile information, such your badges, Chef Honors, MVP Honors, goals, weight goals, physical activity goals, goal achievements, food and exercise challenges (collectively, your “Public Profile“) when you post Public Content to or use forums, blogs, and other user community features of the Service (collectively, “Public Areas“). A subset of your Public Profile is available to the general public and registered users on the Service. If you associate your name with your Public Profile, the people to whom you have revealed your name will be able to personally identify your activities on our Service. You may also choose to enable the sharing with your friends on the Site or a Third Party Service, of your journal entries and data, comments, check-in locations, and photos of your tracked foods and exercise (collectively, “Shared Content”). If you use Public Areas, post Public Content, share Shared Content, or send emails or other messages to other persons, you should be aware that they can read, collect or use any Personal Data contained therein. We are not responsible for the Personal Data you choose to submit in the Public Areas, in your Public Content, Shared Content, or that you send to others.
3. Third Party Services
We allow you to access third party services (“Third Party Services“), such as, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter or Google, to share content with those services and to import information about your friends and contacts on those Third Party Services so that you can connect with them on the Service. Some Third Party Services may provide us information to help improve and personalize your experience on the Service, keep your profile information in sync, or help you contact friends to join you on the Service, or provide Shared Content. It is your choice to login to Third Party Services such as Facebook; you are not required to do so. Once logged into a Third Party Service, you can control your privacy settings on the Service to block the sharing to Third Party Services of your content and the importation of friend and contact information from Third Party Services. You can also adjust your privacy settings with the Third Party Service. We also offer a feature allowing you to invite friends to join the Service by providing their contact information or by importing their contact information from your address book on a Third Party Service, such as, but not limited to, Gmail from Google, or your address book on your mobile device. You agree that we may store and use your friends’ contact information to invite them to join and connect with you on the Service. Your friends may choose to ignore your friend requests or the opportunity to register with Zipongo.
4. Use of Your Data
In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used to provide you with a customized experience, aid us in serving you better, and to respond to your requests.
We use your Personal Data to:
- Facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- Identify you as a user in our system;
- Provide the services and customer support you request;
- Analyze request and usage patterns, diagnose problems with our server and administer our Service and Site;
- Improve the quality of experience and provide you a personalized experience when you use the Service;
- Send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories (the e-mails we send may contain code that enables our database to track your usage of the e-mail, such as whether the e-mail was opened and/or what links (if any) were clicked);
- Respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
- Send you e-mail messages or postal mail informing you of our products and services and also third party products and services we believe may be of interest to you.
- Personalize guidance on your daily calorie and nutrient needs, and sample meal, sleep and activity plans.
5. Disclosure of Your Data
5.1 Except as described below, we do not share your Personal Data with third parties:
- We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers under contract to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include sending postal mail or e-mail, storing data, analyzing data, performing quality assurance, providing technical support, providing marketing assistance, verifying identity, and providing customer service. These third parties may have access to your Personal Data only as needed to perform their functions.
6. Use and Disclosure of Anonymous Data
We will have the right to use, and share with third parties, Anonymous Data for any purpose and in any manner. Anonymous Data includes non-personally identifiable data we create from Personal Data by excluding information that makes such data personally identifiable.
7. Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Data
You may change any of your Personal Data in your Account by editing your Profile information through the Service. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us by contacting us at email@example.com, but please note that we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives.
8. A Note About Children
Our Service is not currently directed to children under the age of 13. We respect the privacy of parents and children and are committed to complying with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”).
We have commercially reasonable security measures in place to help protect against loss, misuse and alteration of your Personal Data in our possession. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while Zipongo uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data, Zipongo cannot guarantee its absolute security.
10. Contacting Zipongo