This pumpkin chili recipe makes a lovely and hearty addition for any fall feast. Serve it at your next autumn dinner party or bring it to your next holiday potluck.
- 3 cups kabocha squash, cubed
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, diced
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 hollowed-out pumpkin for bowl
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, saute onions and garlic in hot olive oil for 5 minutes, or until onion is slightly translucent.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients. Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Serve hot over cooked brown rice in your hollowed-out pumpkin bowl.