You don’t have to change everything at once in your quest for good health. We’ve put together a list of the top 10 small changes that can add up to a big difference over time. You don’t have to do everything at once. Pick a few items from the list below and try them out this week. Then try a couple more the following week and so on. These small changes can help promote energy, decrease daily calorie intake and/or increase daily nutrient intake.
1. Eat breakfast.
2. Have a fruit or vegetable at every meal. Ketchup doesn’t count.
3. Skip the bread at dinner.
4. Drink a glass of water with every meal.
5. Every two hours, get up from your desk and stretch or walk around.
6. Stash some fresh fruits and nuts at your desk for when you’re feeling hungry or low on energy. Eating fruits will provide you with a boost of energy while consuming healthy fats in the nuts will help you feel full.
7. Eat a vegetarian meal for lunch.
8. Avoid packaged foods that have more than 10 ingredients (especially if you don’t know what those ingredients are).
9. Go for a nut butter that contains just one ingredient (like peanut butter made with just peanuts or almond butter made with just almonds).
10. Swap out the butter on your toast for:
- olive oil, garlic powder and Italian seasoning
- peanut butter, almond butter or cashew butter