Try this healthy and delicious meatball recipe, which is a tasty way to sneak some whole grains and veggies into your diet. The quinoa also works to stretch your food dollar as it allows you to make more meatballs. This equals more money saved since you don’t have to use as much meat to make them.
Meatballs with Whole Grains and Veggies
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- ¾ cup quinoa, cooked and cooled to room temperature
- ¼ cup finely chopped onions
- ¼ cup grated carrots
- ¼ cup grated zucchini
- 2 tbsp organic ketchup
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- 1 egg
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients until well combined. Shape into balls and transfer to prepared cookie sheet. Roast until cooked through and golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Serve hot.