Instead of beef burgers, why not try turkey burgers on for size? They’re lower in saturated fat and still have good flavor. Using turkey thigh in addition to the breast meat ensures your burgers are moist and juicy.
Honey Mustard Turkey Burgers
- 1/2 lb ground turkey breast
- 1/2 lb ground turkey thigh
- 1/4 cup stone-ground mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 4 whole wheat hamburger rolls
- Toasted lettuce, tomato slices and other desired burger fixings
1. Whisk mustard and honey in a small bowl until smooth.
2. Combine turkey, 3 tablespoons of the mustard mixture and pepper in a bowl; mix well. Form into four 1-inch-thick burgers.
3. Lightly brush the burgers on both sides with oil. Grill or brown in a pan until no pink remains in the center, 5 to 7 minutes per side. Brush the turkey burgers with the remaining mustard mixture and serve with fixings of your choice.