Take advantage of the winter season’s bounty of grapefruits by making this quick and easy recipe, perfect for a weeknight meal for two. You can serve it with brown rice or whole wheat couscous as well as a big green salad.
- Juice of one ruby red grapefruit
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 salmon fillets (4 oz each)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. In a small saucepan, bring the grapefruit juice, vinegar, honey and garlic to a boil. Reduce heat then simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Transfer 2 tablespoons of reduction to a small bowl; add extra virgin olive oil. Set remaining glaze aside.
2. Sprinkle salmon with ¼ teaspoon salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place skin-side down in a broiling pan and broil 4 to 6 inches from the heat for 10 to 12 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally with glaze mixture.
3. Drizzle with reserved glaze and serve immediately.