Looking for an Asian-inspired stir-fry dish that cooks up in just 10 or so minutes? Try our noodle stir-fry which packs a ton of flavor with its medley of vegetables as well as the zesty and tangy sauce it comes tossed in.
Noodle Stir-Fry with Spicy Almond Butter Sauce
- 8 oz whole wheat spaghetti noodles
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 4 green onions, sliced
- ½ cup almond slivers
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 3 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
1. Cook noodles to al dente, according to package directions, drain, rinse and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a large pan that’s been heated over medium high, add 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil. When oil is hot, add the cabbage, bell pepper and broccoli, and saute for 5 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and continue to saute an additional 3 to 5 minutes, until soft but not browned.
3. Remove vegetables from heat. Add noodles and toss with green onions, slivered almonds and crushed red pepper flakes, to taste.
4. Make the sauce: Whisk together almond butter and water until smooth. Then whisk in the rice vinegar and soy sauce. Pour over the stir fry and toss to coat. Serve immediately.