Happy Thanksgiving. Here’s a quick and simple recipe for roasted carrots and parsnips with shallots that will add a pop of color to your holiday table. The recipe calls for leaving the peels on the rainbow carrots and parsnips, but feel free to peel them if that’s what you prefer.
Roasted Rainbow Carrots and Parsnips with Shallots
- 1 1/2 lbs rainbow carrots
- 1 1/2 lbs parsnips
- 8 shallots, sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 450 degree F. Toss carrots, parsnips and shallots in a large bowl with oil, and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2. Spread mixture onto 2 cookie sheets (lined with baking parchment or nonstick spray) and roast, tossing occasionally, until vegetables are golden brown and tender, about 35 to 40 minutes.
3. Serve immediately with a sprinkle of parsley.