With all of the rich dishes hitting the Thanksgiving table, here’s a light, citrusy and peppery salad that will help balance out your holiday meal. You can also make this a meal by adding cooked baby shrimp or chicken.
Grapefruit Arugula Salad with Coconut Yogurt Dressing
Coconut Yogurt Dressing
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 palmful fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 palmful unsweetened flaked coconut
- juice and zest of one lime
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
Grapefruit Arugula Salad
- 2 large grapefruits, cut into supremes
- 2 large navel orange, cut into supremes
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 large avocados, cubed
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 10 oz arugula
- pinch of salt
1. Make the dressing: Peel garlic clove and smash with the flat side of your knife. Sprinkle salt on top of garlic clove and smash again with the knife. Then mince finely.
2. Whisk together garlic mixture, yogurt and remaining dressing ingredients until blended. Cover and chill dressing until ready to use.
3. Make the salad: Combine grapefruit through cucumber in a large bowl. Pour dressing over mixture and toss to coat. Cover and chill 1 hour.
4. Arrange arugula on individual salad plates. Toss grapefruit mixture and season with a pinch of sea salt. Spoon mixture over arugula using a slotted spoon.