Thanksgiving can be a little stressful, especially when you have a large crowd to feed, and you’re cooking a lot of food. This recipe will make your life easier. It only requires five ingredients and yet those ingredients are powerhouses. The garlic gets caramelized and toasty, and the flavors meld together with the extra virgin olive oil and just a touch of sea salt. Be sure to cook the beans just until their crisp-tender.
Green Beans with Garlic
- 3 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 3 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Par-cook beans in an inch of boiling water about 3 to 4 minutes. Drain well.
2. Saute garlic in 1 tbsp hot oil in a skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden.
3. Add beans and sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes. Serve immediately.